MacKenzie Contracting was established in 1988 to service the needs of the MacKenzie development portfolio. Since that time, the Company has evolved into a full service general contracting and construction management firm servicing clients in all aspects of the industry. Emphasizing control over schedule and craftsmanship, our primary mission is to deliver consistently superior services in the most cost-effective way possible. Our committed staff of professional project managers, office personnel, and superintendents possess a broad range of skills and expertise which allow them to both understand and meet our clients’ needs promptly and efficiently. We are proud to boast that MacKenzie Contracting provides our clients over four centuries of combined construction experience. This depth of knowledge and experience is rare in today’s market.
- Provide pre-construction efforts to include conceptual cost estimates, value engineering, constructibility reviews and work with design firms.
- Prepare subcontractor lists for invitations to bid, provide scopes of work to define subcontractor bids, compare subcontractor bids to assure scope compliance and prepare bid form/proposals.
- Formulate and prepare final bids leading to a guaranteed maximum price submission.
- Provide construction services to exceed owner’s expectations
- Conduct weekly progress meetings to interface with owners and architects.
- Prepare project schedules and update weekly.
- Ensure the project controls are in place and provide documentation to include RFI’s, submittals, project job costs, and subcontract agreements.
- Prepare owner change orders for owners approval and track with PCO log.
- Constantly work with the Project Superintendent to assure that safety protocol and quality control are a priority.
- Monitor subcontractor manpower to ensure schedule milestones and overall schedule are met.
- Ensure that monthly payment applications are submitted timely.
- Approve subcontractor/vendor invoices for payment.
- Track project costs against budget.
- Prepare punch list and assure timely completion working with the superintendent and subcontractors.
- Call on architects, owners, and developers to solicit business opportunities.
- Attend networking events and engage in business development to secure work.
- Develop relationships to negotiate future work.
- Minimum of (5) years’ experience in new construction and renovation projects.
- Minimum of (3) years’ experience in the role of Project Manager.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in construction related field is preferred.
MacKenzie Ventures, LLC (MacKenzie) possesses the multi‐disciplined team necessary to excel in Maryland’s corporate real estate community. Comprising seven firms, MacKenzie provides clients a competitive, full service platform of offerings in leasing, sales, investment sales, tenant and landlord advisory services, corporate and business consulting, commercial and residential development, general construction, property and asset management, debt and equity capital placement, and market research. With more than 225 employees and offices in Annapolis, Baltimore, Bel Air, Columbia, and Lutherville,Maryland, MacKenzie is one of the largest full service commercial real estate firms in the Mid‐Atlantic.