MacKenzie Ventures, LLC Elects Brendan Gill to President & Chief Operating Officer
Lutherville, MD-based firm provides full range of brokerage, property and asset management, debt and equity placement, construction management and data analytics to institutional owners, investors and companies
The Board of Directors for MacKenzie Ventures, LLC, the parent company for the Lutherville, Maryland-based company’s eight operating divisions addressing all real estate asset classes and services, has elected Brendan O. Gill, 39, President and Chief Operating Officer, effective immediately. Clark F. MacKenzie, who founded the company originally as MacKenzie and Associates in 1968, transitions to the position of Founder and Chairman Emeritus. Gary T. Gill, who joined the company in 1977 and was named President in 1986, will serve as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. With more than 200 full-time real estate professionals and five offices, MacKenzie Ventures offers a full spectrum of brokerage, asset management, debt and equity placement, construction management and market research support for institutional owners, investors, private companies and individuals.
“We have many high-performing professionals in place and are experiencing growing momentum across our various operating division and we believe now is the perfect time to perpetuate MacKenzie Ventures with the elevation of next-generation leadership,” stated Gary Gill. “Our company has worked diligently to cultivate our corporate culture, to attract and retain the best talent in the region, and to evolve into a nimble organization that proactively serves the customized needs of our expanding client base. Brendan has been working in tandem with our division leadership team for several years, and his new title reflects our direction and commitment to grow. He has earned the respect of his peers and colleagues within our company and the industry by demonstrating the utmost integrity, real estate knowledge, passion and work ethic. His familiarity with the organization, combined with his real estate instincts and leadership qualities, positions him, in concert with our leadership team, to guide MacKenzie into the future.”
Brendan Gill background and experience
After graduating from The University of Virginia, Brendan Gill initially worked as a Leasing Representative for Cushman & Wakefield before joining MacKenzie in 2006. He began his career with MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services as a Sales and Leasing Associate before moving to a development role, and then to the property management and maintenance arm, where he rose to the position of President of MacKenzie Management Company, a title he will retain. During his 16-year tenure, Gill expanded the property management division’s volume of managed properties to 10 million square feet of space across more than 130 properties, led the efforts to establish MacKenzie Investment Group, the commercial real estate development and investment component and currently chairs the company’s Information Technology Committee. Gill was also instrumental in creating and overseeing the company’s Pipers with a Purpose program, which supports programs and charities that benefit the local community. From 2016-2018 Gill served as President of NAIOP Maryland, the state-wide association serving the interests of the commercial real estate industry.
“Real estate was dinner table conversation in our household and I was extremely lucky to have many mentors, the most influential of course being my father, who provided me with important industry knowledge and fundamentals. More importantly, he always drove home the importance of developing relationships and establishing professional credibility and integrity,” Brendan Gill explained. “I was taught that the best outcome in real estate is where both parties walk away happy. Real estate is a small community, so it’s important to set up your reputation personally and on behalf of the company for the long run. Treating people fairly is the cornerstone of MacKenzie’s brand and I try to make it the cornerstone of my personal brand. I’m humbled and grateful to be selected for this important role as it signifies our commitment to inject the next generation of leadership into the company to build on our foundation and continue our momentum. The contributions of our younger professional are highly impactful across all divisions, and it is important to demonstrate the emerging opportunities available, while celebrating and upholding the values that got us here.”
Summary of MacKenzie Ventures’ operating companies
- MacKenzie Commercial Real Estate Services: full-service brokerage group offering marketing, sales, leasing and advisory services to all asset classes. J. Scott Wimbrow, President.
- MacKenzie Management Company: provides customized property management services to nearly 200 properties comprising approximately 10 million square feet of space across all asset classes. Brendan Gill, President.
- MacKenzie Services: the maintenance, customer service and engineering division of MacKenzie Management Company. Brendan Gill, President.
- MacKenzie Contracting Company: offers turnkey general contracting and construction management services. Martin Copsey, President.
- MacKenzie Capital: specializes in arrangement and placement of commercial real estate capital. John Black, President.
- MacKenzie Investment Group: executes commercial real estate development and investment activities throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. Michael Bradley, President.
- Datastory Consulting: provides integrated data, information and market intelligence to drive real estate decisions. Matthew Felton, President.
- MacKenzie Multifamily Management: provides property management services to multifamily properties. Brendan Gill, President.
MacKenzie Ventures’ Board of Directors consists of Clark MacKenzie, Gary Gill, J. Scott Wimbrow, Brendan Gill, Martin Copsey and Michael Bradley.
For additional information, visit www.mackenziecommercial.com